Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thing #4 - Photosharing with Flickr




I have used Flickr at work and post photos for my library, so I am familiar with it. We use it to post photos from each of our libraries. The public can access the pictures from our webpage and it gives them an idea of all the things that are happening at our libraries. Sometimes the local newspapers don't always publish all the pictures we send them, and this is a good way to publicize the library.

I do not personally use a photo hosting service. I still perfer to have the photo in my hand. I may, perhaps start using one in the future so I have a "backup" copy in case I should lose the originals.

I decided to do option A since I have already uploaded photos at work, tagged and grouped them. Flickr is fun and simple to use.

No comments: