Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing #2 - Library 2.0

Just finished watching the video with Stephen Abrams from SirsiDynix. Does he still work for them? Since all their troubles lately with Horizon 8.0 and other ventures, many of their staff have been shown the door, as I understand. I digress.....

Where will I find the time to take part in 23 Things on a Stick? I don't think you "find" time, you "make" time. I will have to disagree with Mr. Abrams about finding 15 minutes a day to take part in this endeavor. Heavens! It took me 15 minutes to decide what outfit my avatar should wear and I know I could do better. My problem is that I am a perfectionist, so it may take me a little longer while I'm learning all these great new things. Plus, once I find out what I can do with them, I have a tendency to what to learn more (which takes yet more time). I may not complete all 23 things by April, but it won't keep me from finishing the project.

In every profession, the key to being successful is staying current. This endeavor enables me to learn about many things I have heard about but have no idea what they are or how to do them. This project enables us to learn about them in a stress free environment and let's us go at our own pace.

There isn't a day that I do go on the Internet- or if there is, they are far and few between. The Internet is as much a part of our day as drinking a glass of water or brushing our teeth.

I had heard about many of the "things" we are learning in 23 Things on a Stick - i.e. blogging, Flickr, etc. However, I did not know they were referred to as Library 2.0. This was an entirely new terminology to me.

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can - specifically about posting video, doing podcasts, etc. I can learn - someone just has to teach me and the 23 Things on a Stick is doing just that!

No comments: