Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thing 12 - Do you Digg?

Evidently people have nothing better to do than spend all day on the computer looking for stories, videos, podcasts, etc. to share with other people. I definitely think this is a productivity detractor. Add a few graphics and what you basically have are "ads" or "commercials" on the Internet that someone wants you to take the time to look at.

I myself am always "tempted" to click on the link "giant beetle found in McDonald's hamburger" when I log on to AOL. These are all like tabloid tidbits trying to grab your attention. There will always be something to entice the user to click on the link.

I don't see any use for these sites for public libraries from my point of view. But if someone finds them worthy, I'd be willing to listen.

No comments: